A new computer, like a new car is fast when you first bring it home, but after a few miles it slows down and can leave you stranded. Registry repair software is like the best car mechanic; it can diagnose problems, fix broken down components, free up stuck mechanisms and get your computer back to speeding down the Internet highway.
Registry repair software is designed to make the complex process of cleaning your registry relatively simple. Fixing your Windows registry is not a procedure where you want to make a mistake. An error in cleaning your registry can cause major problems and is not something that should be attempted by the inexperienced. Registry repair software is an excellent tool for safely and easily cleaning your registry, no matter your experience level.
The best registry repair software can:
- Clean Your Entire System: Capable registry cleaners can remove duplicate files as well as unused files, icons, idle shortcuts, obsolete start menu items, temporary files and more.
- Check for Registry Repair Concerns: Pro registry repair programs can check and fix invalid pathways, empty registry keys, traces of uninstalled software, orphan references, spyware, corrupt files and numerous other areas of potential trouble.
- Protect You From Error: Making a mistake in repairing or removing items from your registry can prove disastrous. The best registry cleaners present potential errors clearly and thoroughly analyze the problems, before they are removed. Registry cleaners can help you make an educated decision about what registry changes you may want to make.
On this site you’ll find articles,recent news stories and comprehensive reviews to help you make an informed decision on which Registry Repair Software is right for you. At TopTenREVIEWS — We do the research so you don’t have to.™
What to Look for in Registry Repair Software
Getting your system going is complicated enough without adding a complicated registry repair program to stall your progress. We reviewed over 20 programs to find the best ones to help you get your computer running fast. Below are the criteria TopTenREVIEWS used to rank registry repair software:
- Feature Set – Top registry repair software scanners search for all types of possible problems, including: invalid paths, fonts, file types, CLSID, DLLs, sound, help files, shell extensions, AppEvents and class keys. The features should be easy to access and well organized in a logical manner.
- Ease of Use – Friendly software is simple to use for computer users of all levels of expertise. Well–designed cleaning processes do not require complex, multiple steps.
- Ease of Setup – This criterion rates how quickly the software installs and whether additional programs or downloads are required to get it to run at its optimal capacity.
- Help/Documentation – Good customer support, provided by quality programs, offer comprehensive help options presented clearly and not littered with technical jargon. The manufacture should also provide several methods of contact including telephone, email or chat for inquiries with useful and quick responses.
- Safety – A concern many have with registry repair is that altering the registry will do more harm than good. If you charge ahead without helpful information from a good registry management program, you can incur additional problems. Safety is paramount. Superior software imparts a high level of communication so that problems can be analyzed from a broad perspective and down to the individual error.