Sigma bolsters its top-end EX range with the announcement of a HSM focusing-motor-equipped 50mm f/1.4 lens. Offering a moderate telephoto field of view on APS-C cameras, Sigma's DG designation means it will also work as a standard lens on full-frame digital cameras. We believe this is the first time a 50mm f/1.4 lens has been offered with a ring-type focus motor. Pricing and availability information to follow as soon as we have it.
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the new large aperture 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM standard lens. For Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Pentax* and Sony*
- Standard lens with large maximum aperture of F1.4.
- It creates sharp images with high contrast and ensures superior peripheral brightness.
- Incorporates molded glass aspherical lens, perfectly correcting coma aberration and creating superior image quality.
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensuring silent, high-speed AF
This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as
well as full-time manual focus override.